Sorry Team can't seem to get the template to transfer despite the instructions so I have adapted it a little to post it my own way. Here are a couple of strategies I am pulling together that with the ongoing benefit of constructive feedback may eventually be useful in preparing midwives for midwifery standards review requirements? What do you think?
Give students an opportunity to integrate NZCOM consensus statement into practice (establish relevancy). Reflective practice.
- provide link to NZCOM website get students to navigate around same
- give suggestions for topics related to practice settings e.g rural, primary care, tertiary hospital
- providge recommend reading on change management within workplaces
- Get students to select a consensus statement
- Ask students to make a discussion forum posting of how that statements topic is currently managed in their practice setting and how well that consensus statement is currently integrated
- Ask students to give feedback to two other posting with practice tips on positive implimation of consensus statement in their area
Lecturer to acknowledge the forums postings on a weekly basis (with encouraging commentary and suggestions)
makes a posting on their selected consensus statement
engages with two other postings
Evidence based practice, provide students the opportunity to explore integration of research into practice.
Guide students to select a stastistic within their work setting that needs improvement necesary for midwifery standards review.
Provide links to data bases, library
Provide a journal articles on how to read/critique research and the importance of evidence.
-Find a professional article less than 10 years old that discusses the issue in need of improvement e.g episiotomy rate and write a 300 word anotated biblography and a 300 word analysis on the implications of this to their current practice setting (word limit +/- 10%)
-Post anotation and analysis to discussion forum
-Provide feedback to atleast one other forum posting
Schedule Adobe connect session to introduce topic
Acknowledge posting to the forums on a weekly basis (with encouraging commentary and suggestions)
Posts anotated biblography of professional article (less than 10yrs old) with commentary on practice implications
Post feedback to another student
Thats it for now. Thanks